Excited? Nervous? Buying your dream home is a very important stage in your life, which requires a lot of research, going through classified ads, talking to agents and builders. Then rushing for site visits and running back and forth for the paperwork.
Sigh! All this used to take weeks or months in the bygone days. Now, all the information is at your fingertips. Online real estate portals offer a plethora of options and services to choose from.
Have a look:
- Smart filters to customize your search based on your budget, location and your choice of amenities.
- Most of the real estate websites offer advisory services to help make informed decisions.
- Tools to help you with rate comparison, potential of the location, possible appreciation, easy home loans and EMI options, etc.
- Virtual tours, photos and floor plans give you a feel of the locality, from the exact location, amenities around, to the topography for all listed properties.
In fact, map-based portals such as housing.com and commonfloor.com allow you to create a specific interest point and explore the location of the listed property. The information provided is verified and can be easily cross checked. This eliminates shady agents and builders from scamming the potential buyers. Reviews and testimonials from other buyers will help you get an idea about the listed builders’ credibility.
Look for homes based on a range of parameters from the comfort of your home and choose properties that match your criteria. This gives you more control over the options and makes you less dependent on the broker or the builder.
Convenience through Clicks!
Looking for a home online has more benefits than people realise:
- Look for a home at your own convenience.
- You can peacefully browse through the projects located in other cities and countries.
- It is an ideal means of connecting builders and home sellers to potential customers.
- Enjoy various free services virtually without the hassle of being physically present.
Verification is the word!
While browsing for the property online, choose a website that gives you the following features:
- A telephone verification system to ensure the credentials of the property sellers.
- A verification system to ensure that details provided for each property are accurate.
- A service that provides you with tips on how to protect against any legal entanglements.
- Comprehensive coverage of the city of your choice with a large selection of projects across all budgets and locations.
- A security system is in place that ensures all your private details are protected.
We shortlisted Top 5 Online Property Portals for you to Explore.
Here are the services and options they offer
|Services & Options||CommonFloor.com||MagicBricks.com||Housing.com||IndiaProperty.com||99acres.com|
|100% Verified Properties||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||–|
|Map Based Search||Yes||–||Yes||–||–|
|Set Alert for your Search||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Interesting, isn’t it? Now sit back, sip on some coffee and get set to explore your dream home!
Let us know if you know of any great property portals or services that you think will help fellow potential buyers.
Think your friend will find this blog useful? Share it with them!
Nimmy Joseph is a marketing specialist and has a deep knowledge on the online consumer behavior. Over the course of her career she has interacted with many home buyers, noted their grievance and gained actionable insights. Her strong communication skills helps her to connect with the consumers faster & create a comfort zone for them.
Nimmy holds a MBA in marketing and Post graduate diploma in corporate communication and Advertising and is currently working with Vakil Housing in their Marketing Department.