A close friend of mine, based in the CBD area for the past several years, recently got the job opportunity of a lifetime. The only hitch, in his opinion, was that his new office would be in the Jigani Industrial area. Seeing as it is situated close to 40kms away from the CBD, he was unsure of whether the move would be a logical one to make. His best recourse, as far as I saw it, was to plan on investing in property at Jigani and moving base there. This led to both of us looking into the potential of the area in depth.
Jigani lies between Bannerghatta National Park and Electronic City, making it an important location in South Bangalore. Close to a decade ago, the approach roads to the Bannerghatta National Park and beyond were close to non-existent. However now, the connectivity has improved immensely. The major plus point of the area is the fact that it is located very close to Electronic City and the Jigani Industrial Area.
Jigani may be approached by the Bannerghatta Main Road or what is also known as the Jigani-Anekal Road. This goes on to become the SH-87 and connects to large segments of South Bangalore. Since it also connects to the NICE corridor, the approach to several surrounding areas such as HSR Layout, Electronic City and Bommasandra is easy. The main bus-stops of Otis and APS Circles as well as Harapanahalli help commuters get to different parts of the city.
Major features of the area:
Presence of several lakes in the area
- Hennagara Lake
- Bidre Kere Lake
- Jigani Lake
Schools in the area
- Achiever’s Academy
- Ebenezer International School
- Treamis World School
Medical facilities in the area
- Narayana Hrudyalaya
- Sparsh Hospital
- Narayana Health City
- Narayana Netralaya
Shopping Options in the area
- Hosa Road Markets
Potential in the Jigani Area
The good thing about the Jigani area is the fact that it has been neatly segregated into residential and commercial areas. Since it is still in the nascent stage of realty development, there is a significant amount of residential plots that are available. Being largely in demand by a burgeoning IT crowd, there are multistoried apartments and independent villas that are coming up all around.
What may perhaps be considered a drawback is the presence of granite factories in the vicinity and the amount of dust they throw up. Interior roads and sewage lines in the area also need to be developed.
- Residential plots for purchase: Approximately Rs 950/sqft.
- Price range of 2-3BHK apartments: Rs 23 to Rs 75 lakh depending on the brand value of the builder.
- Rentals are not too many right now considering the place is still under development by owners who want to use the place themselves. However, apartments are in the range of Rs 7000 to Rs 13,000 a month and independent homes are around Rs 8000 to Rs 18,000 per month.
- The scope for purchase of homes will continue to rise in the coming years. With independent homes being an option for purchase, the demand is likely to be high here in Jigani.
- Jigani is placed close to Electronics City and Jigani Industrial area, making it an ideal residential option.
- Jigani is still in the nascent stage of realty development and so land and independent homes are available for purchase in plenty.
- Connectivity to South Bangalore via the NICE road and Bannerghatta main road ensure that the CBD is not too far away.
- The scope of purchasing property is higher than rental opportunities right now.
Lakshminarayan is a property advisor with over 23 years of experience in providing dedicated personalised services to over 30000 Bangaloreans. He has worked with a diverse clientele and applied his strong micro market knowledge towards executing many property deals.
Lakshminarayan currently serves as the Manager of Sales at Vakil Housing.