Indeed its importance in relation to your home can only be compared to that of the ever-active heart with the body.
Have you ever thought about the common attributes of kitchens across the globe?
An eye-closed speculation might reveal them to be the hot cooking flame, the cool running taps and the fumes from tempering.
In fact, kitchen is the only living space where elemental forces of fire, water and air are in constant contact, often causing imbalance of energies. To prevent such elemental disharmony from occurring Vaastu should be taken into consideration while organizing the kitchen space.
Just as you protect your heart with a set of health rules, the cosmic health of kitchen can be safeguarded with instructions of Vaastu Shastra. Here is how.
Which Part of Your Home is Ideal for Cooking?
Vaastu Shastra reveals the lords of every direction and helps us synchronize our activities in accordance with these deities. Let’s find out which direction is ideal for cooking at home.
The South-East:According to Vaastu Shastra the South-east part of every home is ideally suited for positioning the kitchen, channeling positive energies all around.
The North-West:In case, the South-East is unavailable for cooking, you should turn your gastronomic attentions to the second perfect direction, the North-West. Yes, next to the South-East, the North-West is the best choice for positioning the kitchen without inviting cosmic discord.
Placement of Dining Area: If you are planning toconverta part of your kitchen as a dining area, then ensure that you use the area at the North-West or West side.
Where should You Place the Appliances?
Even if the direction of your kitchen is Vaastu perfect, misplacing the multitude of kitchen appliances can land you in cosmic uproar. To aid the flow of benevolent energies, you must give the placement of appliances a Vaastu guided thought.
1. South-East is the best direction for placing your gas stove.
2. However, facing the east while cooking is considered favourable for both the person in charge and the head of the family.
3. On contrary, facing west for cooking can be injurious to health, bringing misery to the household.
4. Please don’t be nervous if you cannot keep the gas stove at the South-East of the kitchen. Pasting a Venus Crystal above gas stoves placed in other directions will successfully drive off the ensuing negative energies.
5. Always keep few inches of space between the wall and the gas stove.
6. The south adjacent section of L-shaped kitchen platforms is best suited for placing your electronic appliances like microwave, sandwich-maker, mixer-grinder, coffee maker and toasters.
7. If your kitchen nests the electronic pantry aka refrigerator, placing it on the west or south-west direction will be advantageous.
8. When you keep the fridge in the south-west make sure there are a gap between the wall and the machine.
9. Suppose the south-west or west of your kitchen is blocked, place the refrigerator in the north but make sure to avoid the north-east.
10. Chimneys should be fixed right atop the gas-oven in east or south-east corner and exhausts on the southern walls, balancing the air element.
11. The best place for placing the wash-basin and all other water elements of your kitchen including the water filter is the Ishan or north-east.
12. Water bottles and glasses should also be kept in the north-east corner of the kitchen.
Where should You Store?
- Spacious storage is crucial for a functional kitchen. Vaastu Shastra advises to build storage cupboards along the southern or western walls of the kitchen.
- Never build your storage units on the northern or eastern walls of kitchen.
What should be Your Kitchen’s Color Scheme?
1. Green: May it be the hue of apple skins or banana leaves, green is the color of abundance, prosperity and positivity Vaastu highly recommends this color for kitchens. East facing kitchens or kitchens with eastward openings will do especially well in choosing shades of Green.
2. Yellow: Being the color favored by goddess Lakshmi, yellow is another excellent color option for modern kitchens. Yellow paint or laminates in the kitchen leads to prosperity and good health.
3. Orange: The color that stands for health and vitality, orange laminates can add vibrancy and positivity to the kitchen space.
4. Other Color Options: Among the array of other colors red, rose and chocolate colored laminates are also congenial to the kitchen.
5. Colors to Steer Clear of: As per Vaastu black, blue and indigo are incompatible with kitchens.
When the energies exuded by natural elements work in synergy inside the kitchen, VaastuShastra of your entire home thrives with positive lub dubs.
Nimmy Joseph is a marketing specialist and has a deep knowledge on the online consumer behavior. Over the course of her career she has interacted with many home buyers, noted their grievance and gained actionable insights. Her strong communication skills helps her to connect with the consumers faster & create a comfort zone for them.
Nimmy holds a MBA in marketing and Post graduate diploma in corporate communication and Advertising and is currently working with Vakil Housing in their Marketing Department.